Lambeth PS

All Listings Under $100,000 $100,000 - $200,000
$300,000 - $400,000 $400,000 - $500,000 $500,000 - $600,000
$600,000 - $700,000 $700,000 - $800,000 $800,000 - $900,000
$900,000 - $1,000,000 Over $1,000,000
43 Properties Found. Showing Page 1 of 1
Map
Sort by:

Lambeth P.S.

About Us

History of Schools in Lambeth

A school existed in Lambeth as far back as 1816 which originally consisted of a one-room log building on the north-west side of North Talbot Road and Main Street. The log school would have looked something like the photo below.

In 1882 a new school was built on North Talbot Road near present day Kilbourne Road and was called SS # 17. Many schoolhouses were built over the years on this site and the school building that is still standing there, dates from 1891. You can still see the bell tower on the building’s roof.

The original M. B. McEachren Public School was constructed in 1925 as a “continuation” or high school since students at that time often didn’t go higher than Grade 8. In 1950 it was converted to a public elementary school and renamed SS # 17 -Lambeth Public School. The students from SS # 17 were transferred to this site at this time.  Renovations took place in 1953, 1958, 1963 and 1997. The school has been part of the Middlesex County Public School Board, the London Public School Board and now the Thames Valley District School Board. In 1965, the school was renamed to honour Miss Margaret B. McEachren, who had taught at the school for the previous twenty-three years.

A.  E. Duffield Public School was located on a seven-acre lot just off of James Street and was opened in 1965. It had 10 classrooms, each containing a project counter with sink, bookshelves, chalkboards of green porcelain on steel, teacher’s storage closet, clock and intercom unit. It was known as a Joint Central School because two rooms had been added to accommodate a specified number of First Nations children.

In 2009 it was announced that the former A. E. Duffield School would receive an addition to the existing building as well as an extensive renovation. It was also announced that in the fall of 2010, students from M. B. McEachren School would attend the new school and McEachren would be closed. After an $8.4 million renovation and expansion, the former schools merged to become Lambeth Public School. 

A Transition Committee, comprised of parents and staff from both Duffield and McEachren, met throughout the year to ensure a smooth merge of the two schools. A proposal for support from the local hockey association, the Lambeth Flyers, was graciously accepted and students were given the opportunity to select the school colours and logo.  Throughout the year, both teaching staffs met to align goals and philosophies. 

On October 21, 2010, Lambeth Public School was officially opened. The celebration brought greetings from school administrators, TVDSB trustees, the Director of Education, School Council chairs, and an Oneida Nation’s representative.  

We are the Flyers!!!

As our name suggests we move fast and high. That image reflects the hopes we have for our students and children. We want them to spread their wings and soar.

See how this school ranks on the Fraser Institute Rankings

The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the London and St. Thomas Association of REALTORS®. The information herein is believed to be accurate and timely, but no warranty as such is expressed or implied.

The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identity the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.

The information provided herein must only be used by consumers that have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of real estate and may not be used for any commercial purpose or any other purpose.